Buffalo Chicken Pizza or Flatbread
The Buffalo Chicken Pizza or Flatbread was developed for a meal or snack and to use leftover chicken. I show, here, how to make a Buffalo Chicken Pizza, homemade pizza dough and how to cook the pizza or flatbread using a pizza steel or ceramic baking stone.
- 3/8 tsp yeast
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 3/4 cup of warm water (175.5 grams) at about 90 degrees F
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1-2/3 cups bread flour (285 grams).
I prefer to use the weights for water and flour for more precision when I use a mixer (like a KitchenAid with a dough hook attachment).
Let the yeast, sugar, and water sit in a bowl for about 10 minutes until you see small bubbles emerge.
Add olive oil, salt, and bread flour and either knead by hand or use a mixer until the dough is smooth and a little bit sticky. Let sit. If you wish to use it after a few hours or the next day or two, place the dough in an oiled bowl covered with an oiled piece of cellophane wrap or bowl cover. NOTE: If it is refrigerated, take it out about 1.5 – 2 hours prior to use.
Place cornstarch or semolina flour on a pizza peel sufficient enough so the dough does not stick. Spread the dough out over the cornmeal/semolina. The dough will be elastic. When you reach the elastic point where the dough refuses to stretch anymore, let the dough sit for 15 minutes then spread further. You should plan to have at least 1/8 inch of dough thickness prior to adding the toppings. It is your preference on the dough thickness.
- Cream Cheese
- Carolina Pepper Works Garlic Sauce
- Cooked (roasted, smoked, fried, etc.) chicken
- Cheese (Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Mozzarella, or any combination)
- Chopped celery
- Let the cream cheese soften, then spread over the dough until it is about 1/8 inch in thickness (more or less to your liking).
- Add Carolina Pepper Works Garlic Sauce and spread thinly over the cream cheese. Use more or less according to your taste.
- Then add a layer of cooked (roasted, smoked, fried, etc.) chicken – this is a good way to use up leftover chicken.
- Top with cheese (Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Mozzarella, or any combination).
- Finally, layer chopped celery on top
You’ll need to preheat the pizza steel or a ceramic baking stone for the best results. Heat your oven to 500º F and have the steel/stone about 6 inches from the top of your oven. Be sure to have the oven on for at least 45 minutes to give the pizza steel or stone enough time to heat up fully.
Bake on the pizza steel or baking stone using only the Broiler set on High. It is complete when the dough is fully cooked and there is some browning of the cheese. For a crispier crust, set the Broiler on a Low setting. The dough will be more crisp and crunchy by the time the cheese on the top browns.
495 in stock